Hit and Run Bicycle Accidents in Stockton
When a driver hits a cyclist and then flees the scene, it causes significantly more risk to the victim than had the driver stayed. In many cases, the driver is unhurt and is able to render aid or at least call for help. But when the driver takes off, the cyclist is often left to fend for him or herself.
At Bay Area Bicycle Law, we’ve helped many victims of a hit and run get the help and compensation they are owed. This is often difficult as the identity of the driver is unknown which also means that the insurance company that should cover the damages is also unknown.
Cyclist Dies After Hit and Run in Stockton
The Stockton Police Department reports that a 54-year-old man died from a hit and run collision Friday night, June 5, 2020. The accident happened when the cyclist was riding on El Dorado Street near West 8th Avenue when he was struck by a vehicle and then the driver of the vehicle fled the scene.
The victim was transported to a local hospital, but unfortunately later died of his injuries. Police have no description of the car of the driver and are asking the public for help in identifying the driver.
Hit and Run Injuries
When a driver flees, the victim has a greater chance at a more serious injury or even becoming a fatality. This is because of the potential for a delay in the treatment for the victim. If people are nearby, then it’s likely that someone will call for help or even render life-saving aid at the scene. However, in many cases, any help is delayed because there is no one around to call for help.
Some of the injuries that can become greater or more serious because the driver flees are:
- Neck Injuries: Neck injuries should be stabilized immediately, and any delay can bring more damage to the victim.
- Deep lacerations: A dep cut can cause the victim to lose a significant amount of blood, and any delay can cause greater injury.
- Punctured Lungs: A broken rib can puncture a lung, and the lack of oxygen can cause brain damage to the victim.
- Heart Attack: The stress of an accident can cause a heart attack, and a quick response from EMS can make a difference.
- Pregnancy/Delivery: If the victim is pregnant, the stress of an accident can cause premature labor and birth which can put both mother and child in danger.
Northern California’s Bicycle Accident Lawyers.
Bay Area Bicycle Law works with clients all over the State of California and is one of the state’s only personal injury law firms working exclusively with injured cyclists.
We handle cases in your area, and there are many benefits to working with a specialist.
Years of advocacy for bicycle crash victims have seasoned our attorneys with the necessary skills to handle bicycle accident cases with the utmost level of professional expertise. We will always offer you legal advice which is in your best interest. Contact us today for a free consultation.