Get Going With These 8 Great Bay Area Biking Events in January
Whether you need to keep a New Year’s resolution or hope to meet up with like-minded bicyclists, the Bay Area offers some fun bike-centric activities for riders of all ages and experience levels. These events may provide you with a good excuse to get out and about in January. Plus, many of them are excellent spring boards to connect with riders in the local community or find out about future happenings.
Try These 8 Bay Area Biking Events
- Jan. 8, East Bay Bike Party “Rat Race.” Get ready for a fun and silly experience with this slow-paced ride to kick off 2016. The Lake Rats will host this evening ride. If interested, you can meet the group at Lake Merritt BART at 7:30 p.m. The ride starts at 8:00 p.m.
- Jan. 8, Women’s Bike SF Coffee Program. This program aims to help women find fellow female riders in the Bay Area. The coffee hour starts at 8:00 a.m. at Duboce Park Cafe and serves as a launching pad for several other San Francisco Bicycle Coalition hosted cycling events.
- Jan. 9, San Francisco Resolution Ride. This event has a fee, but the $35-45 expense covers a supported ride in the Bay Area. Get to the Ocean Beach Parking Lot at 8:30 a.m. to pick up your number after you have registered.
- Jan. 13, Bike to the ACT Theater. Receive a discount on tickets and special happy hour pricing when you ride your bike to the ACT Theater on Geary Street at 7:00 p.m. on the 13th. Enjoy the one-man performance, Satchmo at the Waldorf.
- Jan. 29, San Francisco Critical Mass. On the last Friday of the month in cities around the world, bikers unite for a fun evening ride. 2016’s first is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. and will start at Justin Herman Plaza.
- Jan. 23, SF Traffic Skills Workshop. The Northern Police Station will host this event from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Learn more about city bicycling laws and how to navigate intersections and urban traffic for safe riding.
- Jan. 29, Climate Ride Meetup. This meet and greet event from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition will introduce new riders to the Climate Riders, a group of bicyclists committed to sustainable bicycling practices.
Check out the links to learn more about each event. For more information about bicycle accidents in the Bay Area, reach out to Bay Area Bicycle Law at 415-466-8717.