Places to Donate Your Bicycle in and around San Francisco
Below you will find a list of Non-Profit organizations and places to donate your bicycles and bicycle parts. Do visit the website prior to making a donation as most non-profits have intake guidelines. Most do not want parts which are broken or parts which have rust. Otherwise, your contribution will help get someone cycling!
- Bike Kitchen www.bikekitchen.org – This non-profit teaches people of all ages how to repair bicycles and provides affordable mountain bikes.
- Yellow Bike Project www.sfyellowbike.org – This non-profit accepts bicycles, kid’s bikes and bike parts.
- Biketopia (Berkeley) www.biketopiaberkeley.org – Donate your used bikes, parts and tools here to be refurbished and reused.
- Spokeland www.spokeland.org – They accept servicable bikes, frames, parts, accessories, bike clothing, tools and supplies (and tacos!)
- Bikes4Life www.bikes4life.com – This is a non-profit bike shop.
- Cycles of Change www.cyclesofchange.org/bicycle_donations – They accept bikes and working bike parts.
- Trips for kids www.tripsforkidsmarin.org – The Re-Cyclery bike shop has put over 34,000 kids on bikes!
- Changing Gears www.changinggearsbikes.org/donate.html – They accept bikes and bike accessories and offer pickups for quantity bike donations.
- Good Karma Bikes www.goodkarmabikes.org/donate.html – They accept bicycle donations. Be sure to visit their site for intake guidelines.
- Silicon Valley Bicycle Exchange www.bikex.org