Places to Donate Your Bicycle in the San Francisco Bay Area
Have a bicycle you no longer use? There are tons of amazing organizations in the Bay Area that can put it to good use!
Below is a list of non-profit organizations and other places to donate bicycles and bicycle parts. Please visit the website prior to making a donation, as most non-profits have intake guidelines. Most do not want parts that are broken, rusty, or otherwise in poor condition. Otherwise, your contribution will help get someone cycling!
- Bike Kitchen www.bikekitchen.org – This non-profit teaches people of all ages how to repair bicycles and provides affordable mountain bikes.
- Waterside Workshops/Street Level Cycles https://www.watersideworkshops.org/street-level-cycles/#bike-donation – “Youth interns learn professional bike repair by refurbishing used bicycles, which are redistributed back to the community as affordable, sustainable transportation.”
- Biketopia (Berkeley) www.biketopiaberkeley.org – Donate your used bikes, parts, and tools here. Bicycles are refurbished and sold; proceeds support Biketopia Community Workshop.
- Spokeland www.spokeland.org – They accept serviceable bikes, frames, parts, accessories, bike clothing, tools and supplies (and tacos!)
- Bikes4Life – This is a non-profit bike shop.
- Cycles of Change www.cyclesofchange.org/bicycle_donations – They accept bikes and working bike parts.
- Rich City Rides https://www.richcityrides.org/donate – This non-profit refurbishes bicycles in good condition and then gives them to community members in need.
- Trips for Kids – The Re-Cyclery bike shop has put over 34,000 kids on bikes!
- Good Karma Bikes www.goodkarmabikes.org/donate.html – They accept bicycle donations. Be sure to visit their site for intake guidelines.
- Silicon Valley Bicycle Exchange www.bikex.org